West Wind
West Wind
West Wind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Native America Role Play

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golden Palm Beach

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Valeryo

Valeryo

Golden Palm Beach Empty
PostSubject: Golden Palm Beach   Golden Palm Beach EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:49 am

So, this is a story I'm currently writing, where the main person is (surprise, surprise!) myself. It's written from my perspective, and it's about me going to the seaside with my neighbors; I've always dreamt to go somewhere with them, and this is a bit of what I envision that it would happen. Now you'll maybe say, what's special in going to the seaside with your neighbors? Well, nothing really, but I get on with them really well, that's why, even though both of them are like, 40 years older than me.
Nothing that brilliant, but I hope you'll enjoy the first bit anyways.
Thanks for reading!

Golden Palm Beach

Finally, the last day of school! I stormed out of the school with my report, my best friend following me soon after, with the usual question: “What are you going to do? Going somewhere?” I shrugged my shoulders, with the usual answer: “I don’t really know yet. Maybe we’re going to Germany in August, but we’re not sure yet. You?” Nina’s face lit up: “I’m going to Australia!” I laughed and gave her a pat on the back: “Hey, awesome! Have a great time! And call me sometime, or write!” She nodded, and ran off towards her home, while I continued my way as well. But I didn’t even know what kind of a surprise was waiting for me!

The next day began as a usual Saturday, and just as I was having my casual morning English breakfast tea, I overheard a conversation between my mom and our neighbors, Valter and Darya. Sadly, I was way too late to hear all of it, and I only heard my mom say: “I’m sure she’ll be happy about it, I’ll ask her. And thank you a lot for this!” With those last words, she headed into the house, and while I waited for her to come up the stairs, I watched mrs. Linden chase the cats off her garden, and had to laugh at the sight; mrs. Linden was near eighty and still single, with occasional male friends coming around her house. My grandma and I always used to laugh a lot about her.
Finally, my musings were interrupted by my mom coming up the stairs, and I tried my best to push my excitement deep down, when she said: “I’ve been talking to Valter and Darya, and they’re going to the seaside tomorrow. They asked if you’d want to go with them for a week.” I jumped off my chair and almost knocked the whole garden table over when I heard that, and immediately showered my mom with questions, hugging her: “And you allow me to go?” She laughed: “I know what it means to you.” I’d scream, but it didn’t seem like the most proper thing to do, so I didn’t. As soon as I talked a bit with my mom, she told me that I have to go to Darya and Valter and thank them, what I most gladly did! I ran down the stairs like Speedy Gonzales, almost crashing into my granddad, who came up the stairs. I burst through the door and ran across the yard to the neighbors’ house, skidding to a halt in front of the doorbell, which I quickly rang, and could already hear the excited yipping of Aslak, their finnish lapphund dog. He knows me ever since his cubhood, and it’s not unusual that we’re almost best friends. I waited until Darya opened the door, then started to serve up all the thanks that I could think of in the few moments I’ve been waiting. She smiled at me and invited me in, seating me down next to Valter on the couch, giving me the opportunity to serve up more thanks to him. He only winked and Darya said: “We’re happy to take you with us!” Before I could say more thanks, Darya offered me a drink, while she started a discussion about leaving times. I said that I’m happy to go anytime, and Valter just laughed, while he said that we need approximately three hours to get there, so it should be enough if we leave at ten in the morning. We agreed, and a couple of minutes later, I had to leave for lunch.
The whole afternoon passed very slowly and finally, at ten in the evening, I fell asleep, excited like no time before.

In the morning, I had a few jokes with my dad, before I said goodbye to my grandparens and greatgrandma, who shares my name, Ana. Mom and dad walked me up to Valter’s car, a shiny black Volvo XC90. I waited for a couple of minutes before they came, and Aslak and I occupied the back seats. I waved to mom and dad, promising I’ll write, and we were off soon. A lot of the way passed pretty quick as we got out of Bled centre, where the traffic jam just began to form for the rest of the day. Two hours or so later, we arrived to the Seaside, and Aslak and me were almost glued to the windows, watching the bustling beach. I for myself couldn’t wait to go to the beach, but I didn’t know for Aslak, because I knew he didn’t really like big bodies of water very much. Valter drove the car into the hotel’s garage and we unloaded our bags, carrying them off to the lobby, where Darya and I waited with Aslak, while Valter went to handle the check-in.
Back to top Go down
kateri
Admin
kateri

Golden Palm Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Palm Beach   Golden Palm Beach EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:55 am

It's really sweet. Keep writing okay.
Back to top Go down
https://westwindroleplay.forumotion.net
Valeryo

Valeryo

Golden Palm Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Palm Beach   Golden Palm Beach EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:37 am

Okay, I will. I have some more written though, but am still working on it. Very Happy Thanks for your comment!
Back to top Go down
kateri
Admin
kateri

Golden Palm Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Palm Beach   Golden Palm Beach EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Your welcome there Valeryo
Back to top Go down
Valeryo

Valeryo

Golden Palm Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Palm Beach   Golden Palm Beach EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:34 pm

Here's a bit more of it - it's all I have of the story for now, I expect to write some more soon! Very Happy I'm not giving this up, like I did with the other projects of mine.

About fifteen minutes later, he came back and handled Darya the keys to our room while he grabbed the suitcases and bags, while entrusting Aslak’s leash to me, along with the dog. I led him up the marble stairs while Valter and Darya took the elevator, and I could barely keep Aslak from sniffing every plant and corner on the way. Finally, after a bit more than five minutes of walking, we arrived to the 2nd floor, where our room was supposed to be, with the number 235. We ran along the lobby and walked into the room, where Darya was already unpacking her things, and Valter was out at the balcony. I had a peek around the room; a giant, king-sized bed, a wardrobe, a TV, a mini bar, two comfortable seats and a solid wooden table, along with a couch-bed for me, and a giant balcony with three seats and a white table, looking out at the sea. Just couldn’t be better! I let Aslak go and left the leash on the couch, joining Valter on the big balcony with seaside view. The beach was bustling about loudly, with especially loud screams coming from the big tobbogan slide down at the pool. I could hear Valter chuckle to himself with his trademark smile on his face. It was always impossible to say what he was thinking at the moment. I went back inside to help pack out my things, and looked at my wristwatch meanwhile. It was nearly five o’clock now, so we’d still have some time to check out the surroundings, if Valter and Darya wished so. They did, as I heard Darya suggest: “Before dinner, we could take Aslak out on a walk, if that’s allright with you two?” Valter only nodded, and I copied him in his gesture.
About half an hour later, we were ready to go for a walk with Aslak.

So we went for a stroll along the beach with Aslak. Some of the people still haven’t left their places on the beach, and were either packing, or some still playing beach volleyball. Aslak seemed to be interested, but we obviously didn’t let him join in. We walked along a paved pier, the waves crashing onto the stone, the big, pointy leaves of the palms waving in the gentle seaside breeze.

But soon, we brought Aslak back into our room and went for dinner, crossing the hotel’s white marble floor with wooden inlays depicting mythology creatures. We walked past a pool table, and it wasn’t vacant yet. I decided to ask Valter if he would play a round with me, after dinner. So, we entered the dining room, where a waiter showed us to our table, asking us if we’d like to drink. I ordered a peach ice tea, as per usual, Valter a beer, and Darya a glass of water. After that was settled, I went off to see what was to be found for dinner; I circled the soup bowls, but then finally decided to take a bit of mushroom soup for a starter. I carried it to my place at the table, especially careful, as if not to shame Valter and Darya by pouring it all over the persian rug on the floor. After I ate the soup, I left for more, and soon found myself standing at the steak corner. There, I loaded my plate with a big Parisian art streak, and put some potatoes on too, just so that they were there. I walked around for a while, already making some space in my belly for the delicious ice-cream, pies and cakes of different arts. And finally, I settled down to eat, while Valter and Darya did the same. Valter’s plate had a lot of meat, like mine, while Darya’s had more vegetables and salad. So, we ate up our dinner, Darya occasionally making some remarks, and Valter answering them in his usual, polite but slightly mocking tone.

After we ate up, I asked Valter, pretty carefully, to play a game of billiards with me. I doubed he would play, as he was a brilliant player and I was just a mere beginner, but he agreed, and we headed to the table while Darya already went to our room so that Aslak would not be alone. Valter arranged the balls, and I wanted to leave the first shot to him, but he offered it to me, smiling. I wasn’t really keen on missing the cue ball right in the middle of the lobby, but took the cue into my right hand, taking my beginnerish stance. This time, I didn’t fail, and I even managed to pocket a striped ball. So, it became clear who was playing which balls. But soon enough, only my balls were left on the table, because Valter had managed to pocket them all with only a few skilled shots. I often asked him how I should pocket this one, or the other one, but was still struggling with three more balls when he had just one more; the black one. Eventually, I lost the game to him this time, but had expected, so it wasn’t that bad. It wasn’t a match, and while we went up the stairs, I complained that Darya should be playing too, because Valter himself is too good for a beginner like me. But his eyes just got the usual, sparkling glint, and a small smile made its way to his lips.
It was pretty late already, about nine o’clock in the evening. Valter wanted to watch the news at ten o’clock, but Darya and me each settled with a book for some time. Aslak had meanwhile already fallen asleep under the table. But soon, even Valter was too tired to keep watching the evening news, and we had soon all fallen asleep.

The next day, I was surprisingly the first to wake up. That was mainly so because I didn’t want Valter and Darya to wait for me all the time, since I was the guest, and I went to the bathroom to get myself more respectable-looking before either of them could see me. For the breakfast, I decided to wear the same golf beige shorts as last evening, but I changed my shirt; this time, striped, brown, orange and white. After I was done, I risked a short glance towards Valter and Darya’s bed to see that they were both still asleep; so, as if not to bother them, I sat down on my bed, opening the book I was currently reading.
Like that, I was reading in silence for about an half an hour, before Darya woke up, and was pretty surprised to see me already up, ready and reading. She was soon ready herself, and Valter was the last to be able to go to the bathroom. I could barely keep back laughter when I heard his trademark word when he, as I found out later, spilled his cologne. Soon after that, we headed down to the restaurant to eat up our breakfast before we’d decide what to do for the rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
kateri
Admin
kateri

Golden Palm Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Palm Beach   Golden Palm Beach EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Very good. Maybe I should write about my last weekend with the White sabers. And as for pool don't play against me... I would beat you without mercy. I hold the stick in different ways, and I am working on shooting with the cue stick behind my back.
Back to top Go down

Golden Palm Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Palm Beach   Golden Palm Beach EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:11 am

Sounding good, Goddess! Waiting for more!
I'll write something when I'll go camping (joined the scouts last Sunday - I'm so impatiante for when we'll go camping!) though, it'll probably be in quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Valeryo

Valeryo

Golden Palm Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Palm Beach   Golden Palm Beach EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:30 am

Hehe, Sky, that was written last year! I'm not one hellish beginner anymore - and who says I'd want to play with you anyways? Very Happy

And thanks for the comment, Kaya! I'll be glad to read your story/writing when you write some!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golden Palm Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Palm Beach   Golden Palm Beach Empty

Back to top Go down

Golden Palm Beach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
West Wind :: The Randoms :: Art Forum-
Jump to: